Free Antivirus Immunet 3
Immunet 3 Free Antivirus is a cloud based antivirus, it claimed to be lighter than any other cloud antivirus. It is powered by a known fast and solid antivirus, the ClamAV. In my opinion, Immunet 3 is ClamAV’s new name as it revolutionized from free Antivirus to a potential paid Antivirus, though it is still offered for free with less features.
Immunet 3 Free Antivirus boasts its, Intelligent Scan, Real-time Protection and most importantly, their Community-Based. That’s being designed to protect their Immunet Community members from viruses via information dissemination.
Immunet doesn’t provide an offline installer of their antivirus as of this writing. Instead, they provided a download manager. Which you need to run, in order to download the real installer and install Immunet 3. Nevertheless, I uploaded the offline installer and make it available for downloads.
Immunet 3 Free Antivirus Features
- It protects your PC from malicious software installation and start up.
- Cloud-based Realtime and Up-to-date virus protection.
- It also offers, the ClamAV Detection Engine that can provide computer protection offline. By default it’s off, but in one click you can turn it on.
- It automatically detects other anti-malware products and excluded it to avoid conflicts. In addition to that, it also allows you to manually exclude certain file, folder or extensions.
- It scans compressed files, if turned on, it allows Immunet 3 to deeply scan compressed files such as RAR, ZIP and others.
- Immunity 3 Free Antivirus allows you to set a schedule, when to scan and what kind of scan, full, flash or custom.
How effective is Immunet 3 Free Antivirus?
As I tested Immunet 3 Free Antivirus with all possible sources I had. It’s doing great, though in one instance it failed to identify the type of virus, but it has removed the threat. So far, I would rate Immunet 3 Free Antivirus 4.8/5 in terms of Detection and Protection.
Compatibility with other Anti-Malware
In this area, this Antivirus is very good, as what I have said earlier, it seems that it automatically excludes other anti-malware products. Which minimizes the unnecessary conflicts and false-alarms with other antivirus vendors.
There are no specific hardware requirements except with 100 MB hard disk space, but in actual installation it just eats up 40 MB of my hard drive. Given, that it still supports Windows XP I believe Pentium 4 PC can handle this with no problem. Does Immunet 3 Free Antivirus compatible with Windows 8? I never had a chance to try this in Windows 8 but a friend of mine did, and the result is Immunet 3 Free Antivirus seamlessly runs in Windows 8 environment.
Immunet 3 Free Antivirus Best Settings
Keep the Default settings except Enable ClamAV Engine, Allow Definition Updates, Scan Archive Files and Scan Packed Files. By default, settings mentioned above are off. Turning it on will add more security to your PC.
What Immunet 3 Free Antivirus lacks?
- No Auto scans on USB Drives.
- No email scanning.
- Offline Protection isn’t guaranteed even the ClamAV Engines is turned on.
- No password protection, therefore anyone can stop it easily.
- The other thing that I don’t like about Immunet 3 Free Antivirus is its large advertisement, everytime I open it.
My view on Immunet 3 Free Antivirus
Immunet 3 Free Antivirus is good enough for an average internet surfer. However, if you are using email and internet heavily it may not be of great help given the disadvantages above. Aside from that, this antivirus relied solely on internet to fully protect you, without internet connection, it’s not as effective as it would. So, to fill that gap, install another anti-malware to help Immunet free antivirus in keeping your computer safe. You can have Malwarebytes, Avast and Avira, to name a few.
Any suggestions? Feel free to add your comment below.