GIGABYTE Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard with Dual Thunderbolt 2
Gigabyte has just officially announced its latest certification of dual Thunderbolt 2 on Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard. The another first from Gigabyte.
What is Thunderbolt 2?
Thunderbolt 2 is the thunderbolt’s next generation. It is the newest port offered by most motherboard makers but Gigabyte is the first to offer dual ports. Thunderbolt 2, boasts its bandwidth speed upto 20 GB/s which is faster than its predecessor with only 10 GB/s and of USB 3’s 5 GB/s. It is designed for large file transfer such as video and other multimedia’s.
GIGABYTE Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard Features:
- Supports 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 Plus Technology
- Dual “Thunderbolt 2™” technology support
- Wi-Fi IEEE802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0 Card
- IR® Digital CPU Power Design
- Unique OC Touch Feature
- Unique OC Ignition Feature
- 15µ gold plated CPU socket
- 4-way Graphics Support
- Durable black solid capacitors
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge™ 2 for USB devices
- Dual Intel® LAN with teaming technology
- New Heatsink design with 9 onboard fan connectors
- Realtek ALC898 with High Quality 110dB SNR HD audio
- Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software suite
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- Supports CFOS Speed Internet Accelerator Software
- 10 USB 3.0 ports
- CPU Support – 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors
- CPU Socket – LGA 1150
- Graphics Interface – 1*PCIE 3.0 x16+1*PCIE 3.0 x8 (1×16/2×8 Bandwidth)
- Display Interface – 2*HDMI, DisplayPort
- Memory Type – 2 Channel DDR3
- Memory DIMM – 4*DDR3
- Expansion Slots – 2*PCIE x4+1*PCIE x1+2*PCI
- SATA connectors – 6*SATA3
- SATA RAID – RAID 0,1,5,10
- USB – 10*USB 3.0+8*USB 2.0
- Audio / LAN – 8-channel HD / GbE LAN
- Form Factor (mm) – ATX (305×244)
What I like about GIGABYTE Z87X-UD7 TH?
- High-End 10k Solid capacitors The most reliable capacitor that ensures longevity even if it is used to its limit.
- Gold Plated Solid Power Connectors – Gold plated is a good electrical conductor and a better metal corrosion resistant.
- Gold Plated CPU Socket, DDR and PCI Express Slots – This helps the most critical components of PC to last longer.
- High ESD Protection for USB and LAN – Electrostatic Discharge causes damage to basic system components. The LAN and USB ports are usually the culprits, but with GIGABYTE’s Z87X-UD7 TH high ESD protection consumers are rest assured that it will never be a problem anymore.
- 9 Fan Connectors – It simply means the cooler the better.
- Dual LAN – More connections.
- Dual BIOS – Having a backup is always wise.
This motherboard bundled with an exclusive IEEE802.11ac WiFi card that supports up to 867Mbps wireless networks and Bluetooth 4.0. IEEE802.11ac WiFi runs at up to 867Mbit/s and the bundled 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band, 2T2R antenna gives you wide coverage.
What I Dislike about GIGABYTE Z87X-UD7 TH?
- As of this writing, there is no indication that it may supports AMD processors. It is exclusively distributed by Intel processors only