Getting your Facebook account hacked is one of the most stressful situations. Think of the things that hackers can do to your account? What if the hacker will abuse and delete all your personal information or your Facebook account itself? It’s a great nightmare. Right?
To prevent this scenario from happening, a regular password update or changes will be of great help. However, if your Facebook is hacked, the first thing you should do is – don’t Panic! Then take immediate action.
How would you know that your account is hacked?
Of course, there are apparent changes in your Facebook account. In my experience, someone sent a message with a link, to my friends without me doing it. Then, I received an email notifying me that I changed my password, but I did not.
What if there are no changes? Try to navigate at the top-right of your Facebook account, → click the triangular-arrow-down -> settings -> security -> where you’re logged in.
In this section, you will see the last time you access your account, location, and type of device used. If someone hacked your account, you would also know that information in this section, and you can quickly end the hacker’s activity immediately.
Keep in mind that the first thing the hacker will do is to change your Facebook password. The good news, by default, Facebook will send you an email when your password was changed. When you received an
• Open that email, make sure that the sender is [email protected]
• Click “If you didn’t do this, please secure your account.”
• Click “this was someone else.”
• Provide the right answer to the security questions.
• Change your password.
• Log-out all devices.
• Finally, you can now log in to your Facebook account.
What if the hacker has already changed the password? It means that you cannot access your account to change your Facebook password. The best remedy would be to reset your password.
• In the Facebook login area, click “forgot password.”
• Type either your email, phone, username or full name then hit “Enter” or “search.”
• Then click, “This is my account.”
• Select the best way to recover your Facebook account via email or phone; click “continue.”
• Check your email or phone for the confirmation code.
• Enter the six-digit codes, click next.
• Type your new password, tick “log me out of Facebook everywhere else my account might be open,” then continue.
• Congratulations! You just regain access to your Facebook account.
Most hackers hacked Facebook account for personal gains, such as sending out spam messages or advertisement to your friends. If that is the case, Report it as compromised.
Since you now regain access to your Facebook account, tell your friends that your Facebook account was hacked. To justify yourself from any damage or abuse done by the hacker using your account.
In some cases, Facebook account hacked issues are not intentional, and it’s not always human that personally hacked your Facebook account. To name a few, see below;
• Hacker by accident – these people just accidentally open your Facebook account because you checked the “keep me log-in” while logging in your account and forgot to log-out. So, be careful when using public computers such as cyber cafés.
• Facebook password hacker/hacking software – some hackers are using software such as key-logger to steal your Facebook password.
• Facebook hacking website – be vigilant and don’t open any link from your email if you don’t know the sender. The only log-in using the Facebook website.
• Third-party apps – select only the trusted apps, while it is not 100% safe; downloading apps from Google play is still the best bet. How to prevent your Facebook from getting hacked?
Well, a simple commonsense will do. Just follow the guide below and make it a habit.
1. Always unchecked the keep me logged in box before signing in. Highly recommended when you are using computers in cyber cafes, friends, and classmates. To be safer unchecked it even in your PC.
2. Log out your Facebook account always.
Improve Facebook security
Facebook account hacked recovery is simple, yet, not getting hacked is still better. Improved Facebook security will help you protect your Facebook account six times better than relying on its default security settings. There are 6 ways to do that, please follow the guide below;
• Facebook login alerts – by enabling this feature, you will receive an alert message whenever you or someone logs into your account using different devices or browsers.
• Login approvals – this security feature will require a security code to access your account from an unknown browser, phone or computer that you haven’t used before.
• FB code generator – when set-up, this is useful in resetting your password or generating login approvals security code. For mobile users only.
• App password – it’s a safety net because some Facebook apps can’t receive security codes that could lock you out if you have your Login approvals “On.” You can use the generated app-password instead of your account password to securely login to your apps. For mobile users only.
• Facebook Trusted contacts – select trusted contacts from your friend’s list to help you, whenever you have problems in accessing your Facebook account.
• Your browsers and apps – this is where you can review your most used browsers or apps.
In conclusion, Facebook account hacked problems are common but preventable. The simple steps above are effective ways to recover your hacked Facebook account, and the latter part is ways of preventing Facebook account hacked issues.
If you have better ideas on how to prevent Facebook account hacked problems, feel free to comment below, it will be highly appreciated.
February 28, 2019 at 9:57 pm
My account was hacked and the name, password and email address was changed. What can I do? Please i need a help
Thank you, I was able to recover my hacked Facebook account. More power.
Om bahadur thapa says
I have got problem while logging in. I forget my both email and phone number. So plz can you advice how can i log in with my facebook account?
I.C Tiempo says
Hello OM bahadur, sorry to hear that but as your case, you need to contact support. If you forgot your email and phone number it means that you are not using Facebook often. So, next time, have a list of your email, phone and passwords or use a password manager. So that, you will not go through this kind of trouble again.
Summer burditt says
My Facebook has been hacked n my cell phone to.what do I need to do to stop this??
I.C Tiempo says
Hi, please always log out your account and uncheck the “remember me” radio button every time you log in your account.
My Facebook account was hack by my ex girlfriend she changed my password and the email password so I can’t even get into my email my name is Raeshane Wilson what can I do the email is [email protected] that’s the email on my Facebook account how can I get back into my Facebook account
I.C Tiempo says
Hello, Gmail and Facebook usually sends you a message that your password has changed, giving you time to reset your password immediately. However, if that’s too late for you, try to log-in your gmail, click on forgot password, it will prompt you that it will send a code to your phone number. Wait and input the code to start resetting your password. Then, do the same on your Facebook.
David Simpson says
It ask for a identity pic, I did that but still don’t how to get back in.
I.C Tiempo says
If you are able to answer it correctly, you should be able to login again. However, if the issue persist, please contact Facebook support.
My Facebook account was hacked and the name, password and email address was changed. What can I do? Please i need a help bolo what 7463095984
I.C Tiempo says
Please report it to Facebook support that your account was hacked. They will then give you an option to upload images of your personal info to back up your claim or prove that it is your account.